I woke up this morning thinking about Seattle, perhaps it's the grey weather outside. It's been 4 years since we've moved to Spokane and we've only been back to visit once. That's because we don't miss it. We love living back in Spokane. But, every once in a while I miss certain things about it.
- The 2 story Target in Northgate
- Walking around Greenlake
- Ballard....I do miss Ballard very much!
- The Great Harvest on Market street
- How green everything always was
- The atmosphere of downtown
- Fresh seafood
- Day trips and ferry rides
- Kwanjai Thai, Teriyaki Plus and all of our other favorite places to eat. We used to eat out so often that they knew our "usual"
- The smell of the Sound
- Third Place Books in Lake Forest Park
- The Library in Ballard
There is a lot of things I don't miss:
- Traffic obviously!
- The fast pace of life and stress that accompanied it
- People weren't as friendly as they are here
- Living in an apartment
We keep talking about going back over for a visit. Preston would love the zoo and aquarium! There are also so many fun parks-my favorites are Carkeek Park and Golden Gardens. Our life is sooo different now, nothing like it was when we lived there. Life seemed so simple, and carefree, we didn't have many responsibilities and having 2 incomes could pretty much do as we pleased. (within reason of course) I asked Dave the other day, when you go to the store do you ever picture the store in Seattle and then remember you live in Spokane? Every once in a while I will catch him saying that he is going to run up to QFC;) To which I reply, Ok I will see you in 10 hours, have a nice trip!
One day, we will go back for a visit!